1. Rishi Kapoor-Dimple Kapadia In Bobby: He was the bade ghar ka eklauta beta . She was his nanny’s grand daughter , and we all know the rest. Buoyed by the best music score (by Laxmikant Pyarelal) ever in a teen romance of Bollywood, Bobby’s Rishi and Dimply Jodi created the kind of craze never seen before.Socho kabhi aisa ho toh kya ho…haan, socho socho.
2. Kamal Haasan-Rati Agnihotri in Ek Duuje Ke Liye: Playing out a tragic Tamil-Punjabi love story to its doomed finale this was one of the most exhilarating romances to have been conceived for consumption. Director K Balachander remade his own Tamil blockbuster.And the Hindi version , again bolstered by a chartbuster score(again, by Laxmikant-Pyarelal) the film made instant stars of its lead pair, though Kamal Haasan couldn’t eventually attain the heights in Hindi that he had achieved in Tamil
3. Sanjay Dutt-Tina Munim in Rocky: Sanjay Dutt and his brother-in-law Kumar Gaurav both made their debut at about the same time. Gaurav’s Love Story was a blockbuster. Rocky did average business. But it was Sanjay Dutt and Tina Munim from Rocky who catapulted to fame. Dutt continues to have a screen presence to this day. The songs of Rocky (composed by R D Burman) specially Kya yehi pyar hai play on.In fact this is the title of this week’s new release featuring television start Karanvir Vora in the lead.
4. Ranbir Kapoor-Sonam Kapoor in Saawariya: Though this exquisite excursion into experimentation failed , the lead pair under the sensitive supervision of Sanjay Leela Bhansali soared like a dream. Ranbir was an instant star, taking the nation into a collective swoon as he danced in towel to Jab se tere naina. Sonam made a slower but steady impact.
5. Meezan-Sharmin Segal in Malaal: The latest epistle to that feeling called love is a tender and strong love story built around the life in . Though not directed by Sanjay Bhansali it bears his stamp in every frame . The young debutants Meezan and Sharmin Segal are refreshingly free of the vain self-obsession that we see in today’s newcomers. They have a bright future ahead.
Forgot your password?
Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.